Thursday, June 19, 2008

Tennis can be an adventure, right?

Two weekends ago, Matt decided to go tweak his back. After hobbling around for a few days, he decided to flake out on FAC (ha! No really, I feel bad, Matt. Hope you're back to 100% for next week). But have no fear, there is another FACker guest start for the summer - Lisa! As a teacher, she has the rest of the summer off, and hopefully will be joining us for the next few FACs.

One of my summer school teachers decided to give us a final on Friday night. I mean, come on....Friday night?!?? So, to keep things simple and unstressful, Lisa and I played tennis for a few hours so I could study. Believe me, tennis with us is an adventure, so the FAC tradition lives on.

In other news, my most astute and thoughtful husband bought me a book for my birthday that will fuel the FAC fire for years to come: Hiking the Wasatch by John Veranth. This book is loaded with tons of obscure hikes in the central Wasatch like Little Black Mountain, Beacon Hill, the Olympus to Raymond traverse, and the Beatout. Gotta love those Wasatch Mountain Club folks for doing all this crazy stuff first so we can feel cool by doing it later.

No comments: