Friday, May 30, 2008

Grandeur Peak - the Hard Way

Our hiking options continue to be limited with the massive amounts of snow that still lingers in the Wasatch. Matt had never been to the top of Grandeur Peak, so I convinced him that he should do it the hard way.

The West approach to Grandeur is pretty unforgiving. The trail starts right off Wasatch Blvd at the Shoreline parking lot and goes literally straight up to the summit. It's pretty brutal, so I figured it would be another good early season butt-kicking training hike. And it did not disappoint! My calves barely made it to the top and my quads barely got me back down.

I forgot my camera, but realistically the hike isn't spectacularly beautiful (except for the city views). I think Matt got a few pictures. Regardless, it was another successful FAC outing.

No comments: